You can view your email from the menu bar at www.bt.com by selecting BT Mail help option:
- The email link and logging in with your email address (ending @btinternet.com, @btopenworld.com or @talk21.com) and password
- The My BT link and logging in with your BT Mail ID and password (depending on how you’ve set things up, this might be different from your BT Email address and password)
BT Mail help
Logging in via My BT Mail gives you access to all your BT Email addresses. So if you have more than one, you don’t have to log in separately to look at them. If you haven’t selected a ‘favourite’ email address, we’ll ask you to do this. You don’t have to, but it will improve the log in experience for you, especially if you regularly access the same email address.
Also, we’ll display the current status for every email address linked to the account and, where action is needed, we’ll include a link to help you resolve any issues – if an account is suspended for non-usage or compromised for example.
How to fix log-in problems – BT Mail help
Many customers find that resetting their password fixes their log-in problems.
It’s possible that there’s a temporary problem with the email service.
Or select the problem you’re experiencing below for more information:
I keep being told my username or password is wrong
- For security reasons, if you keep putting in the wrong email address or password, we’ll lock your account for a short while. Make sure your ‘Caps Lock’ key isn’t on, and check for spelling mistakes or extra spaces. Leave it a bit and then try to log in again later.
- Repeat log-in failures are most likely caused because the password in your mobile device, tablet or email program doesn’t match your email account. So when you change your password, it’s important you also update all of the devices you use to access your email account. You’ll generally find this in ‘Settings’ or ‘Tools’.
- If you’re using a mobile device, tablet or computer program and you’re getting password errors, you should try logging into your BT Email account at www.bt.com. If you can see your webmail OK, then it’s likely to be a problem with the way your email program is set up.
My email address has been suspended
If we’ve suspended your email address for any reason, you’ll see an error message that tells you what to do. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
My email account has been compromised
If we detect suspicious activity on your account, we’ll secure it and you’ll see a screen asking you to change your password. To get back up and running, and to maintain the security of your account, it’s very important you follow all the instructions.
My BT Mail ID hasn’t been activated or my email isn’t linked
Before you can log in with your BT Mail ID, you’ll need to activate it. Once you’ve activated your BT ID, we suggest changing your password. If your email address isn’t linked to your BT Mail ID, you’ll be asked to do this